Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remorgaging or life-time mortgage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remorgaging or life-time mortgage?

Hello!

I've just finished two first years of my mortgage (which was fixed for 2 year) and started dealing with re-mortgaging. And I now see that it’s a hassle, as (1) My property can be evaluated again by an agent (2) My mortgage insurance needs to be replaced by new one which for some reason is more expensive (i.e. monthly payments) (3) I am asked to supply salary slips, bank statements etc. again.

Now what happens if in 2 years I loose job and will not be able to supply salary slips? Also every 2 years I become older and insurance monthly payments grow. And what happens if I'll have some illness?

Is life-time tracker preferable from this point of view?

Re: Remorgaging or life-time mortgage?

Usually the first two years of a mortgage are a special offer, and then you either keep with the normal mortgage rate, or else remortgage with a new mortgage deal.

If you leave your mortgage with your provider you shouldn't have to do anything - you've already been qualified for the mortgage.

Comment

Re: Remorgaging or life-time mortgage?

You want a fixed rate you have to pay a fee and go through the process each time the fixed rate ends.
      Most lenders let you continue using their variable rate without any of thre hassle.
      Right now variable rates are not too bad as interest rates are low.
      You can always switch if rates go up.
      We are all getting older and most will lose their job at some point!
      Then paying the mortgage rather than taking out a new one will be the priority!
      BRAND NEW HOMES
      Information for UK new home buyers
      New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Working...
      X