Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self Employed and living at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Employed and living at home

Hi guys, im a self employed bricklayer, used to be a general builder and before that worked for a property developing and maintenance company, i currently work on a housing site with lots of work backlogged and a good promise of continuity (or as good as you can get in this day and age!!) i started self employed in june 2011, but wont show a real major income because I was off for 2 months with a broken foot. this april will show a more realistic and better income. im 25yrs old.

My problem however is that i still live at home, but want to buy a place of my own to renovate and either rent out (if its cheap enough) or live in/sell on.

Is ther anyone who has experience of a similar situation, or has any advice regarding mortgages because as im sure you all know its not easy to get a mortgage in todays market when self employed.

I would be wanting to buy somewhere for around 25/30K spend 5k-ish on it. Am i living in a dream world, or is this possible? if so what would you say is the best route to go down given my position?

i should have around a £5000 deposit by may/june time when ideally i will be buying

all help genuinly appreciated,

regards
    Scott.

Re: Self Employed and living at home

Hi Scott,

I'd need to know what kind of income you're making, but if it stacks up there isn't an issue; by stack up I'm referring to provable income and no credit score issues.

Comment

Re: Self Employed and living at home

You are looking to buy a home for £25,000 to £30,000 you are living in dream world!
      -and why would anyone wnat to buy a property, rent it out and still live with Mum and Dad?
      BRAND NEW HOMES
      Information for UK new home buyers
      New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Working...
      X