Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage option help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage option help

On Jan 2016 we should have a £20k deposit and want to start looking for a flat. We are moving out of London and the area we are looking at, have flats currently between £80-130k for 2 beds.

A new area means new jobs, my partner would be on £11k ish & I aim for £16K plus 2nd job. Obviously higher but I might have to start at band 2 again.

Things against us:

New jobs?
    Low pay
    Partner nearing retirement age
    Me with 1 default due to fall off in 2018

What options if any do we have of getting a mortgage?

Re: Mortgage option help

It depends on the situation at the time 2016 is a long way off . historic defaults can now be ok (again dependant on the whole situation) . i would say look nearer the time as the whole mortgage market 'should' have changed by then . Tony

Comment

Indeed I think Tony is right - things can change quickly in the mortgage market so you've got a few years to go yet. Best of luck with it!

Comment

Nearing retirement age may kill things - a reduced term can greatly reduce how much you can borrow. Hence, it may make more sense to try and secure a mortgage sooner rather than later.

Comment

Working...
        X