Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

joint mortgage advice working overseas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joint mortgage advice working overseas

Hi there,

Thank you for looking at my post. I am completely new to mortgage system so i was wondering if i could use your expert advice. Me and my wife were planning to buy a property soon with joint mortgage. The problem is she don't have a bank account here in UK as she works overseas and no credit history (She has companys provided bank account). Does tht effect on searching mortgages in the future?

What if she decides to open one here in UK,or is it ok if we open up joint account? is it ok to have 2 different accounts or one single joint account will give us best chances to get better mortgage deals. how long do we have to wait if we open now?

Thanking you in advance

Re: joint mortgage advice working overseas

This will depend upon the status of the company your wife works for and who she banks with; for instance, if she is employed by a company with a UK base of operations paying UK tax, there may be an option available via a UK lender for the mortgage – this will also depend on her nationality and possibly where she’s currently living.

If you bank with HSBC as a Premier Customer, again there may be options available – but again you’ll need to provide further information concerning the company your wife works for and her status as a non-domicile.

With some further information around these areas we should be able to give you a firmer idea of the options available.

Hope this helps!
    Ascot Mortgages
    www.ascotmortgages.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X