Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage company for someone who has 1 bad blip on there credit history,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage company for someone who has 1 bad blip on there credit history,

Hi Guys

my wife and I have recently been turned down by both Natwest and Nationwide for a mortgage, despite it being a 'right to buy' and the mortgage only being 107k for a 150k place. We looked at my credit history and my Experian score is 948 (so good), however i have found a 'default' on my account from back in 2009, when my Mum passed and i had to temporarily enter into a payment plan. Since then the account (Bcard) has been paid in full, and we have no:

credit cards
    loans
    etc

or any debt.

The Bcard issue seems to be the problem, and im earning 30k a year in a job ive had for 14 years, and have 3k savings

Is there anywhere i can go get a mortgage that would be understanding of this??

Re: Mortgage company for someone who has 1 bad blip on there credit history,

I replied to your post on MSE.
    You have had replies from 2 mortgage advisors on that site.

We're not on those forums to gain customers, i do it personally to keep my knowledge upto date. You can take our responses are pretty reliable - if we were wrong the other brokers on the site would pick up on it.

Short of researching all the lenders who do right to buy and then speaking to them BEFORE making an application, you really need to speak to a mortgage advisor as everyone has different situations (even if they seem similar) so what a lender might accept for one person they may not for others.

If you dont know of any, it might be worth speaking to friends or family or having a look on google. If you dont trust the person, then wash your hands of them and find another until you find one you like and trust.
    I am a Mortgage Advisor. Any posts i make on this site is for information only, it should not be taken as advice.

Comment

Working...
    X