Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage Express demands £5m from me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage Express demands £5m from me

Hi all,

I have around 40 mortgages with MX and around 200 properties in total. I bought the MX properties over the last 20 years and they are getting closer to expiration of the term.

I have remortgaged all of the properties at some point and most of them are now in negative equity. If I tried to sell them to pay the mortgages off I would also be penalised for Capital Gains tax and MX would receive around £3.5m.

I have suggested I pay the mortgages plus a lot extra every month to reduce the balance but I will still struggle to pay them off in the time frame given.

They have 3 options:
    1 - Take posession, sell and lose lots of money
    2 - Take possession and place with an agent who will take fees etc and pay MX the remainder of the income
    3 - Leave the properties with me and allow me to run the business, paying them lots extra off the mortgages using all my properties.

I cnnot remortgage with another lender because my credit rating was severely damaged in the downturn.

Will they really take possession looking at the options?
    What else can I do?

Thanks.
Working...
X