Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems getting a mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems getting a mortgage

Looking for some advice if anyone can help, or perhaps can share their experience of being in a similar situation. I am sale agreed on my dream house and im in a permanent full time position.

I have made a solo application for a mortgage based on 3 times my salary, but when the mortgage advisor went through my income and expenditure, she said that the affordability wasnt there!! Even though I have no debt and 5k deposit.

Basically, I have been told that I have not had good account conduct and all the money I get each month is spent and I cannot show any record of savings.

The 5k deposit is a gift from family to get me started on the property ladder and initially a 5% deposit was all that was required (this is with a bank in Northern Ireland - Northern Bank).

The other worry I have is that I have a default on my credit file due to a dispute with a mobile phone company. The outstanding amount is going to be cleared, but im being advised that this doesnt look good as im only repaying it to get a mortgage!!

So - I dont know where to go from here. Anyone aware of any banks who are'nt as strict. I definately have the means of paying my mortgage every month and if the affordability wasnt there I wouldnt be looking at it.
Working...
X