Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of mortgage with Santander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of mortgage with Santander

Hello,

I am hoping that somebody will be able to offer me some advice.

My mother's mortgage ended in Spetember and her mortgage provider have given her 4 extra months to ensure that the full amount is paid or to remortgage the house.

She has the money to pay off the mortage but i just wanted to check:

1. Can she just pay the lump sum and not face any early payment charges
    2. Once the money is received do Santender then close the mortgage account and send her the house deeds.
    3. Is there any charges associated with a mortgage account closing?

Thank you for any advice or assitance that you can provide.

Re: End of mortgage with Santander

Hi,
    In response to your questions:
    1) This is possible as she is not tied in to a product with an early repayment fee.
    2) Santander will close the mortgage down, but in terms of sending the deeds out, it depends on when the mortgage was taken out. Most lenders don’t hold the deeds and are either with the solicitor or the individual mortgagee. To be certain you will need to check with them direct.
    3) There is a charge of £225 with Santander when you close the mortgage down.

I hope this helps.
    Ascot Mortgages
    www.ascotmortgages.co.uk

Comment

Dear Joy,

Thank you so much for your help and for answering my questions.

This has been a massive worry for myself and my Mother for a number of reason.

I am just hoping that this Friday I can go to Santander with the full amount and they accept the funds and close the mortgage account.

Many thanks

Comment

No worries whatsoever! I'm glad I could help If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me at anytime and I'll try my best to help.

Joy
        Ascot Mortgages
        www.ascotmortgages.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X