Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Build Mortgages help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Build Mortgages help please

New Build Mortgages help please The fiancee and i are first time buyers, now we have seem some nice new build story houses locally we are interested in.

With us being first time buyers everything is confusing lol

So some questions i need answered if you can.

1. When we spoke with the story woman, she said they required a £1k deposit for the plot, then a further £4k on compeltion of the missives.

now thats £5k deposit, does that then come off the price of the house??

The house is £142k and we have a £15k deposit in the bank.

so im just confused as to where the £5k they want upfront comes from as we dont have anymore money available than the £15k we already have.

If we take it out of our £15k then we would only have £10k deposit against the house and that would put us below the LTV % and we would get the mortgage.

2. The house wont be complete till march next year, so when do we start paying the mortgage etc. from when its pre approved or from when we move in??

As i say may be simple questions but its just double checking at this stage.
Working...
X