Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renovation finance options?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renovation finance options?

Hello there.

New to this site so a big hello to all. I have the feeling i may be on this site a lot in the future with the project i have on my hands!

Long story short. My wife and i have been gifted an old farm cottage with adjoining barn. The cottage is 3 up 3 down and the barn is approx 13' by 70'.

We are looking to renovate the property and also build a small extension.

We have instructed our architects that we have a budget of £150,000 for the total project. When we commence the work we will have a pot of £80,000. We will continue to save a further £20,000 in the construction year taking our total savings to £100,000.

This leaves us with an outstanding balance of aprrox £50,000. We would like to finance this with a loan or a mortgage.

What would be our best options regarding this? Would a self build mortgage be our best course or would another option suit us better? We are looking to have a small monthly mortage amount but with the option to bulk over pay frequently so as top pay the loan / mortage off quicker without fees.

Any help would be great on this issue.

Sean.

Re: Renovation finance options?

Well this is a helpful forum.....over 300 reads and no replies.

Comment

Working...
    X