Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put a foreigner in a mortgage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put a foreigner in a mortgage?

I have been declined from 2 lenders because it seems that my income is not enough to have 21k.

I was wondering if it will be possible to make a join claim with my father (that lives and is resident in italy) to up a bit the income.

Any experience?

Re: Put a foreigner in a mortgage?

Well it depends on the lender of course, Italy is in the EU which may make a difference with most lenders policy as there is automatic right to reside, assuming he is Italian national - however what you are suggesting might be an abuse of the process which may not sit well with lenders unless what you are trying to say is that he will live in the property.

When you say your income is not enough to have 21k, then you need to consider why - why can I only borrow £21,000? there must be other commitments that mean you can only afford that amount.
    View Mortgage FAQ's, including Lifetime Mortgages FAQ.

www.releaseequitymortgage.com

Comment

Working...
    X