Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swapping Name on Joint Mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping Name on Joint Mortgage

Hi all,

I have a joint 40 year mortgage with halifax. Had the mortgage 2.5 years and completed fixed 2 year period approx 6 months ago. My partner has left and wants nothing to do with house. She is willing to to take her name off. The house is in negative equity and is unlikely to be worth anything for a number of years.

Halifax is unlikely to re-mortgage in my name only even though i have made the last 2 months payments on my own. My father has an excellent credit ratiing and basically I want to remove my ex's name and re-mortgage the house over the same period in joint names of myself and my father. Then I will continue paying it each month.

After some info of how I go about doing this. Does it need a solicitor or can it be done just through halifax? Also any cost implications?

Many thanks,
    Andrew
Working...
X