Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

applying for mortgage again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• applying for mortgage again

hi I had a mortgage about 6 years ago but it got repossesed I been renting ever since but now I want to try again can I get another mortgage if so who is the best company to help me? thanks.

Re: applying for mortgage again

Hi Dava04,

If your property got repossessed you may find it difficult to source a mainstream mortgage as unfortunately they seem to hold it against people for a long time.

However, there are lenders out there who will accept the case depending on the rest of your credit file and some will even take a view on it if you can explain how you came to get repossessed (eg - I had a client repossessed when her ex-husband racked up a LOT of debt and then could not pay the mortgage, she was totally unaware and the underwriter took the view that she was not an abuser of credit, he was)

In terms of who can help, you are best off with an independent adviser who can discuss your case in detail with you before approaching a lender. That way we get to know a bit about the case and get a feel for who will and will not accept the case.

Sadly you don't really know what the outcome will be until you go for it but in my opinion it is worth a try

Hope this is useful!

Katie
    Katie

www.southcoastmortgages.co.uk

Comment

Re: applying for mortgage again

Hi do you any mortgage company's that may give me a chance

Comment

Working...
      X