Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to get a mortgage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to get a mortgage

Hi there I am Andrew I am self employed and have saved a 10% deposit for a *house.But I am finding it hard to get approved for a mortgage I am a first time buyer My credit score with experian is 859 which is fair, I had 3 defaults in2009 but I paid them in full and setteled them in full in 2009 i have no other debts or had any other debts I have spoken to mostly independent mortgage advisors and the are say to get 15% deposit or wait 6 months until the defaults don't affect me. But I have seen a house and don't want to miss out on it is there any advice u could give me please

Re: Trying to get a mortgage

Usually the advisers would be able to give you the best advice anyway. With just the 10% deposit you will have to have quite a high credit score with the actual lender, not just on experian/equifax. The defaults may have an adverse effect with most lenders too. I suppose the advisers are saying to wait 6 months so they are not shown in the last 3 years.
    Anthony
    Compare the Mortgage Market
    http://www.comparethemortgagemarket.com

Comment

Working...
    X