Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mortgage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mortgage

Hi Guys,

Just wondering how difficult it is to get a mortgage with Northern Bank?
    About to apply for a mortgage. we have a 10% deposit, house is valued at just over £150K. Fiancee's credit rating is very strong never had any problems. I had a default of £100 4 years ago which was settled as soon as I became aware of it.
    Over the last few years my credit score has been steadily rising, i have a credit card which I pay the balance in full every month. I have no missed or late payments and my score on credit expert is sitting at 901 out of 1000. which puts me in the very good category.
    Just wondering if anyone had any input?

Thanks

Re: mortgage

Your credit history sounds fine anyway even with that default. It is over 3 years ago which most high street lenders will ignore. It is mainly down to the scoring system the bank has themselves such as how long you have lived at your house, time in job, electoral role information etc etc.

I have not used Northern Bank myself so I cannot comment on this actual lender, but at worst you can get them to do an approval in principle which will only cause a credit check to be made against you.
    Anthony
    Compare the Mortgage Market
    http://www.comparethemortgagemarket.com

Comment

Re: mortgage

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the reply. I have been in my job over two years. My fiance is in hers over 3 years. we are both on the elctoral role. I have been at my current address for 17 years.
      My credit report is very good on credit expert but only "fair" on the equifax website. I dont really understand why there is a difference.

Have you any idea /or does anyone else have any idea what sort of credit score is necessary to obtain a mortgage with the bank?

Iv been so careful about credit and clearing debt this last three years that I am really worried that the bank wont look at how iv been in the last 3 years and hold my past mistake (the default) against me.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X