Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nationwide Mortgage Holiday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationwide Mortgage Holiday

I have recently enquired about taking advantage of the payment holiday option on my Nationwide mortgage. I was informed that a valid reason was required before a payment holiday can be approved. I then asked where I can find a list of valid reasons, but was told that no list existed and that I must give them a reason and they would then let me know whether or not it is valid.

Does anybody have experience of obtaining a payment holiday from Nationwide, or have any expertise on this, and therefore know which reasons would be valid?

Thanks

Scott

Re: Nationwide Mortgage Holiday

There are all sorts of valid reasons that the bank would accept. Things from a relationship breakup to an emergency at home such as the car breaking down & going to cost x amount to fix or maybe some work needs to be done on the house & you could do with the extra money for this.

A genuine reason a client of mine gave many years ago was that he had been made redundant & could do with a 3 month break on the mortgage.
    Anthony
    Compare the Mortgage Market
    http://www.comparethemortgagemarket.com

Comment

They take any reason, so long as it is valid - the monthly payments are added onto the mortgage amount so you will pay interest on the holiday payments for the life of the loan,
      Large mortgages and High Net Worth Mortgages from enness private clients

Comment

As long as you avoid telling them you need to pay off a gambling debt!
        Anthony
        Compare the Mortgage Market
        http://www.comparethemortgagemarket.com

Comment

Or to fund a drug habit!
          Large mortgages and High Net Worth Mortgages from enness private clients

Comment

Working...
          X