Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Direct Archive Mortgage Rates, Help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Direct Archive Mortgage Rates, Help !

Hi there,

I have just returned from a long stint working overseas and during this time my new offset mortgage began with first direct, it was a replacement for a similar product that had run for 2 years without a hiccup, i have managed to trawl through the tons of mail that awaited my return to find I'm now on a fixed rate that's 1% higher than expected,
    Most of the set up was done in March while i was offshore and i need to see what 2 year fixed tracker rates First direct were selling on the 2nd of March this year,
    Can anyone advise where i can find an archive of UK mortgage rates from that time ?,
    Many thanks,

Bob.

Re: First Direct Archive Mortgage Rates, Help !

Have you not tried calling and asking Frist Direct themselves?
    Anthony
    Compare the Mortgage Market
    http://www.comparethemortgagemarket.com

Comment

Hi Anthony,

I'm in correspondence with FD,

I called them yesterday to highlight the mistake to be told the rate i had discussed didn't exist at the time and only one fixed rate offset mortgage was on sale, they told me they had checked the archive and no errors had been made on their part,

I coudn't accept this was the case so i called back again to ask what the rates were in March 2011, the advisor told me they already gave me this information but someone would call me in the morning and we could sort it out then,
      Sure enough at 9 am i received a call from FD to advise an error had been made and they were putting me on a rate .6% lower and backdating, this is a small victory but its still higher than the rate discussed at the time, i need to independently prove what the rates were as FD have already made errors in this deal so i need to find out for myself rather than accept their word ,

All the best,

Bob.

Comment

Im surprised no paperwork was sent out to you to inform you of the deal you had chosen to go on. Usually a key facts illustration would be provided and not just discussed verbally.
        Anthony

Comment

First direct used to record all their sales calls, if you can remember the date and time perhaps ask them for a transcript?
          Large mortgages and High Net Worth Mortgages from enness private clients

Comment

Enness is right. In fact most call centers record all calls for months and months. They say it's for "quality and training purposes", but it's mostly to cover themselves in case of legal arguments.

Ask for the call.
            Free Guides For First Time Buyers!

www.FirstTimeBuyerGuru.com

Comment

I agree, as a last resort ask them to go over the phone record of & tell them exactly when you called (if you know)
              Anthony

Comment

Working...
              X