Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commercial mortgage???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial mortgage???

Hi
    I have the opportunity to buy 4 flats and a basement office at a reduced price(Family)for a quick sale and would need a mortgage with a ltv of 50%. At the moment the flats have been stripped out (no bathroom and kitchen)for refurbishing which I have the money to cover for this. I would then be looking to sell 2 of the flats and renting the other 2. The sale of one flat would almost cover mortgage required. At present the basement office is being rented out and this rental would almost cover an interest only mortgage. I have no other outgoings.

With the flats having no bathroom and kitchens at present is this going to be a problem for obtaining a mortgage? If so, is there any way of getting round this? As said before a quick sale is wanted from seller! What type of mortgage would be required?

I would be looking to clear mortgage as soon as possible.

Will be going to see a broker but any help beforehand would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Anna

Re: Commercial mortgage???

As far as I can see obtaining a commercial mortgage on this will not be a problem and the broker will be able to confirm this to you too. I do not deal in commercial myself so am no expert although the lack of bathroom/kitchen would only come into play if it was a residential/buy to let venture at the outset. If you are worried about that then just think commercial lenders lend money on plots of land that have nothing on whatsoever. They would have additional security with your plan as the flats are standing already.
    Anthony
    Compare the Mortgage Market
    http://www.comparethemortgagemarket.com

Comment

hi Anthony

Thank you for your reply. As I said I have no outgoings and we jointly earn just over £40,000 would a commercial mortgage for £180000 be feasible on this income considering ( I and banks )have nothing to lose regarding ltv and also rental coming in at present(which wouldn't change during renovation). Also work required would probably take between 3 -6 months. could you push me at all in the right direction who does commercial mortgages? Thanks

Comment

Id say your bank may be the best option to try to commercial & I think Santander do some alright rates too. Personal income is not always taken into account with commercial, its usually the potential income - say from business venture/rental incomes etc that they base the lending on. Commercial has no set criteria as a lot of ventures are unique so its a case by case scenario.
        Anthony

Comment

If you struggle with the main lenders you could try bridging finance, there are some good options for this type of deal and you can refinance when the work is done. Terms are usually available very quickly too.

You can try londonbridgingfinance.co.uk/
          Large mortgages and High Net Worth Mortgages from enness private clients

Comment

sorry, link should be London Bridging Finance
            Large mortgages and High Net Worth Mortgages from enness private clients

Comment

They are very quick to arrange but fees can be 0.75% - 1.5% per month on the amount raised.
              Anthony

Comment

Working...
              X