Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with my question please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with my question please

Hi Folks,

Hoping someone can give me some help.
    my partner and I will be applying for a mortgage soon.
    I had a default on my credit report about 3 and a half years ago for £100 for a mobile phone contract I took out for an ex partner. The debt was satisfied as soon as the default came up on my credit report. Since then my credit history has been perfect. My score is sitting at 869 out of 1000. I have a credit card which I clear the balance on every month in full and have no other debts. My partners credit rating is perfect. We have a 10% deposit for a property.

My question is this:
    Will the default on my credit history , even though it is settled and I have had no further problems (not even a single late payment), stop us from getting a mortgage? Or, since it will be a joint application, will the bank sort of take an average of the credit scores?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Re: help with my question please

Its not necessarily down to your score itself as each lender has its own criteria and scoring system. In short, the default will not stop you getting a mortgage especially with it being over 3 years ago and for the small amount too. There are a few high street lenders that are fine with that as per their normal criteria such as Natwest & Coventry. A word with an adviser to see what the best deal you can go for is well worth it.
    Anthony
    Compare the Mortgage Market
    http://www.comparethemortgagemarket.com

Comment

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your answer and your help!

Comment

No problem, obviously any more questions or assistance you need feel free to ask.
        Anthony
        Compare the Mortgage Market
        http://www.comparethemortgagemarket.com

Comment

Working...
        X