Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unemployed/Student Mortgage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployed/Student Mortgage

Hi
    Does anyone have any idea of where I can go to remortgage my home? I am on long term incapacity benefit, Dla and Income Support. I need to put the Mortgage and 2 small secured loans put into one lower payment. My daughter who lives with me has said she would go on the Mortgage, but she is a full time uni' student who has one dependent child for whom she gets child benefit and child tax credit. I would be grateful for any help.

Re: Unemployed/Student Mortgage

Hi there

I would suggest you'll probably have to keep the mortgage and the loan separate unfortunately. And as far as placing your daughter on the mortgage is concerned it's going to be very tricky if she's not employed and can prove a steady stream of income.

Seeing as your situation is so specific I certainly think your best bet will be to seek advice from a mortgage broker.

All the best,
    Free Guides For First Time Buyers!

www.FirstTimeBuyerGuru.com

Comment

More borrowing isnt the answer.
      There are people that can pay a mortgage that cant get a loan at the moment.
      Why would a lender give you more when you cant manage what you already have.
      BRAND NEW HOMES
      Information for UK new home buyers
      New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

You could pop your daughter on the mortgage but it would not benefit you at all if she cannot add income to the equation & it would only really be for giving her equity in the property.
        Anthony
        Compare the Mortgage Market
        http://www.comparethemortgagemarket.com

Comment

Working...
        X