Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTB needing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTB needing advice

Hi,
    looking to buy first house however need some advice. my credit history isn't the best, ( missed payment in the past, previous relationship ahhh) hoever I've payed everything off and currently have no debt whats so ever and been so for at least a year and have no problems now.
    My current Experian score is now 915 which it says is good. My partner has perfect credit and she has never had any problems. We have about £21000.00 saved for a deposit and would like to borrow around £140,000. We are both in secure jobs and I earn £33850.00 and she earns £21500.00. In todays current climate would it be possible to get a mortgage. Any help would be really helpfull

Thanks

Re: FTB needing advice

All things being relatively fine on the bad credit history - much comes of how old any bad debt is - your biggest problem is that your deposit may not be high enough.

While there are some higher LTV deals out there, you pay for it with increased fees and interest rates.

Overall, I would expect a good broker to be able to find something for you - but do be prepared in case the process is not entirely straight-forward.

Comment

I don't think you'd have any issues at all.

I believe you meant to write that you have a £21,000 deposit, so you're looking at a fairly respectable Loan To Value ratio for first time buyers.

You should be able to secure an 85% LTV mortgage pretty easily if both of you are getting a joint mortgage.

Good luck!
      Free Guides For First Time Buyers!

www.FirstTimeBuyerGuru.com

Comment

I agree too, with your credit score at 915 thats pretty good really and with the good deposit and incomes you should have no problems. I am a broker myself and can provide full advice either via email telephone. by all means if you need any more info or rough figures then get in touch.
        Anthony
        Compare the Mortgage Market
        http://www.comparethemortgagemarket.com

Comment

And you'd be amazed how good your credit score is compared to the rest of the country!

Good luck
          Free Guides For First Time Buyers!

www.FirstTimeBuyerGuru.com

Comment

Working...
          X