Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner passed away, maturity ends june 2012 not sure how to deal with situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partner passed away, maturity ends june 2012 not sure how to deal with situation?

Hi my partner recently passed away in june and I am searching for some advice on how best to go about dealing with our home which was in joint name and was a interest only
    mortgage and the maturity of the house is ending in June 2012 which will be repossesed if not paid in full by this date. I have some details here which may be relevant to give you a clearer idea of my situation.

* The short fall is of £38,000 .

* All bills including Nationwide interest for home = £600 a month.

* Another policy I will receive after probate letters processed is for £18,300.

* My wages a month after tax = £1040.00.

* I am currently on statutory sick pay, full pay till july 31st half commencing this date till 30th sep.

* Our home is a 4 bedroom house.

There were two endownment policies one was cashed in seveal years ago as it was not working and the other endownment which was linked the the mortgage has been paid but still leaves an outstanding ballance of £38,000.

There is a monthly insurance premium showing on the breakdown of the montly payment cost, not sure what it covers could be house insurance?

Any help be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Partner passed away, maturity ends june 2012 not sure how to deal with situation?

Im sorry to hear about your loss, I appreciate this must be an extremely difficult time for you.

Hopefully this will help...

There are options out there that will prevent you from being repossessed so first and foremost don't panic there is a solution out there that will make sure you keep your home.

Your age is going to play some part in what these options are and to give you any clear advice I need to know more about your situation.

If you would rather PM me then do that or if your happy to disclose the information publicly then either way is fine.

Comment

Working...
    X