Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage Advice - To Buy to let? or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage Advice - To Buy to let? or not?

I bought my first property in 2005 and have lived in it for 2 years. I have just remortgaged it on a flexible, no tie-ins tracker mortgage. I have now been relocated through work and plan to rent my flat out while I am gone.

I don't want to waste money renting somewhere else so am considering buying a cheap flat to live in once relocated and hopefully renovate it and make some money.

How does this work with mortgages, as this second time buy would not be buy-to-let as I am intending to live in it?

Any advice would be gratefullyy received.
    Cheers

Ouch - sounds complicated.

I think it's definitely worth having a chat with your original lender, as if you're thinking about letting out the first property, it's possible that this may change the terms of the original agreement.

Comment

Working...
    X