Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do 100% mortgages still exist?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do 100% mortgages still exist?

Some rumours say that there are some banks that might still offer them to people with good rating or is it all just an urban myth?

Re: Do 100% mortgages still exist?

I'm not aware of any lenders currently offering 100% mortgages - I think 95% is the best you can find, and not many lenders offer that.
    Bad credit mortgages

Comment

After the credit crunch, 100& mortgages are very rare. You would need some form of deposit on any property in this day and age. The days of 100% are long gone!

Comment

Haven't Heard of any lately unless you buy way below bmv.

Comment

They have existed in Spain in 2010 but now it will be tougher. Banks have a large property portfolio to maintain and they prefer to mortgage 100% as long as you provide enough references

Comment

With all the housing crisis and economic recession going on, 100% mortgages are a thing of the past.
            http://secubond.co.za

Comment

Interestingly, I notice that a google search on 100 mortgage will still show many brokers sites, but their pproducts don't list such products.
              Last edited by dealdirectfinancial; 08-03-2011, 12:19 AM. Reason: spelling
              https://www.dealdirectfinancial.co.u...rate-mortgages

Comment

I've spent a lot of time looking, and can say that a 100% mortgage does not exist unless you are buying significantly below market value, even then it;s difficult

Comment

Halifax offer 110% mortgages for existing customers. Or, 95% (plus fees) is the currently the best for new clients with mortgage lenders: Skipton BS and Manchester BS are quite good. You maybe be able to get help with a deposit via such schemes like 'homebuy'. Or consider a Shared Ownership and use Stair Casing to 100%!

Comment

Skipton currently offer a great 95% mortgage or Halifax do a great vendor gifted 95% deal.

Worth speaking to an adviser about I would suggest.

Feel free to drop me an email.

Regards

Chris

Comment

I have been looking around current lenders as i am hoping to buy my first home and certianly have not found 100% mortgages but have come across some 95% mortgages, but i think its definately worth comparing online its the best way to find the best deals.
                      We have debt solutions to help you get out of debt problems

Comment

With the number of first time buyer mortgages rising, things are looking a little better. There are a number of 'no strings attached' 95% LTV mortgages emerging, but the associated interest rates are so high that if first time buyers can afford to save to borrow at 90% LTV, it's going to be worth it.
                        Free Guides For First Time Buyers!

www.FirstTimeBuyerGuru.com

Comment

For Buy to Let there are no 100% LTV Mortgages. The maximum is 85% LTV and there is only one lender operating at that level. Typically at 75% LTV there are very competitive rates.

Comment

Which lender offers 85%? And how horrendous is the interest rate?
                            Free Guides For First Time Buyers!

www.FirstTimeBuyerGuru.com

Comment

Kensington are still doing the 85% LTV for buy to let I think. Last time I had a quick look they were about 5.5-6% interest rate. Not bad really considering 90% LTV on residential can be around the 6% mark.
                              Anthony
                              Compare the Mortgage Market
                              http://www.comparethemortgagemarket.com

Comment

Working...
                              X