Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

shop and flat??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shop and flat??

Hi I've found a property I'd like to buy, its a shop with upstairs. Ideally i'd like to convert the upstairs into a flat for me to live in, whilst i use the shop downstairs but there's no separate entrance for the flat.

So am i likely to get a mortgage of any kind?
    I know I've been vague but i wasn't sure how to write this even close to coherently..
    I can probably answer questions though, well probably.

Re: shop and flat??

Hi there, a few things to clarify.......

Is the upstairs currently used commercially as part of the shop?

If so, are you able to obtain change of use for residential purposes?

If it the upstairs was converted to a residential flat, what percentage of the total internal area would be residential and what percentage commercial?

What percentage of deposit do you have towards the purchase price of the shop?

Are you currently running a business that would trade from the shop or would it be a new business venture?

www.thomasdobner.co.uk

Comment

Re: shop and flat??

I'd be quite interested to know the answer ot this too. I recently looked at a ground floor shop with three seperate flats and have never got a mortgage for anythingt other than purely residential use.

are you going ahead with this cbon777?

Comment

Working...
      X