Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right To Buy (Scotland)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right To Buy (Scotland)

Hi,
    I wonder if anyone can give some advice on a right to buy mortgage in Scotland.
    My wife and I are looking to buy our council home but seem to be getting some conflicting advice.

My wife's name is on the rent book and not mine but on the application form, I am down as a joint applicant.

The council say that as my wife's name is on the rent book it is her they will be selling the house to therefore we won't get a joint mortgage on the property. Is this correct? or is it a ploy by the local authority to scare us off from buying. It seems strange that they would allow us to be joint applicants on the form but will only sell to my wife!

BTW, we have never been in arrears on rent or council tax now or in the past.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Re: Right To Buy (Scotland)

Hi, don't really know much about this but seems unfair. If you don't get any meaningful posts you may want to try citizens advice, your local councilor or try and get a face to face interview with the housing dept to go through there reasoning. You can request that your councilor attend this with you.

Comment

Working...
    X