Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

93%-ish LTV mortgage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93%-ish LTV mortgage

Hi,

Our current mortgage deal ends shortly.

Current house value = £114k

Ourstanding mortgage = £106.5k

I can't seem to find a re-mortgage deal for our LTV of around 93%. Do they exist anymore? Current mortgage provider is Direct Line...

Any help much appreciated.

Re: 93%-ish LTV mortgage

93% is quite high, but I'm sure there are providers who can reach that if you take advise from a mortgage advisor. The only caveat is obviously the more perceived risk, the more choosy on terms and punitive on fees the lender can be.

Comment

As above, either spend a couple of hours hitting the phones and calling around or see a mortgage advisor. For example the advisors in many estate agents won't charge for mortgage advise, nor will the banks.

Comment

Originally posted by jcjcjcjc View Post

Our current mortgage deal ends shortly.

Current house value = £114k

Ourstanding mortgage = £106.5k

I can't seem to find a re-mortgage deal for our LTV of around 93%. Do they exist anymore? Current mortgage provider is Direct Line...

Any help much appreciated.

Hi Jcjcjcjc,

From my experience within the current mortgage environment (sep 2010) and doing a quick sourcing of mortgage products, there isnt a 93% re-mortgage product.

The maximum LTV at present is 90%.

Regards

CKF

Comment

Direct Line are now offering to move customers to RBS as existing Mortgage customers and they do offer deals for customers at ltv of 93% so get in touch with Direct Line and they will put you in touch with the right team at RBS
          Best wishes

Sean Hughes

Independent Financial Adviser

Comment

Working...
          X