Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage & Equity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage & Equity

Hi, would i be able to do this
    The property i currently own is worth 170k....i owe the bank a mortgage of £28,000

i am looking to buy another property for 185k i have a deposit of £37,000 with which is 20% LTV

What i would like to do is re-mortgage ? release equity? from house i currently own of roughly another £37,000 and put down £74,000 for the house i want to buy which will bring the LTV down to 60% and get me a better deal.... is this possible???

Re: Mortgage & Equity

Yes, subject to the usual lending checks.

In some cases the sensible thing in the first instance is to approach your current lender to ask for a further advance, particularly if your current mortgage is in an early repayment charge period whereby you will have to pay a fee to change to a new lender.

Is the property you are buying an investment property that you wish to let out?

www.thomasdobner.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X