Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To sell or not to sell?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To sell or not to sell?

I currently own and live in a house which would propably be worth around £120k. I do not have a mortgage on this house.

I would like to move house - buying one using a mortgage - of around £160k-180k.

Is it best to try to sell my current house in order to move, or to rent my current house at say £400-450 per month and using this to pay part of the larger mortgage?

Can my current house be used as collateral on a larger mortgage?

I'm struggling to get my head around all the options and types of mortgage.

My household income is not high - around 28k, but I would have a good guarentor.

Can someone give me an idea as to what colateral of the first house would boost a mortgage amount by? Or what difference a good guarentor makes to a mortgage amount?

All help appreciated.

Re: To sell or not to sell?

If you own your own home to the tune of £120k, then this obviously helps as you effectively have a deposit of £120k for a new property!

In which case, if looking to move and need £180k, that would mean just a £60k mortgage.

Did I read that right?

Comment

Working...
    X