Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit checks

Evening all.

I have made an offer on a house and it has been accepted and now need to apply for a mortgage.

I have just done a credit check on Experian. It shows that I have a 'very poor' credit rating. Obviously I am gutted; and surprised.

I have a large loan from the bank which funded me through law school; I qualified as a solicitor last yr. I have been looking through all my accounts and they all say satisfactory despite one having a missed payment mark by it in December due to the fact I swapped jobs and the salary dates changed which meant the loan payment went out a day before I got paid - there were insufficient funds at the time.

It says I have taken 94% of my credit allowance. I am not sure how they work this out.

I am worried this is going to have serious implications on when I apply for a mortgage - which is tomorrow.

Should I be worried?

Any help and guidance on this would be great.

Re: Credit checks

Sorry you didn't get a reply before - how did the mortgage application go?

Comment

Working...
    X