Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maximum borrowing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum borrowing

New to the forum, hi all.

I have a question relating to the level of mortgage I can secure. I am looking to buy a ground floor flat for approx £250k in 5-months time and have a 10% deposit to put down. My query is; its my understanding that historically banks would only lend up to a set multiple of an applicants annual salary. I am wondering at what level that 'multiple' is set to presently in light of the current economic conditions, and the what the likelihood of securing a mortgage is. (Our joint salary is just over £52k/pa.)

Thanks in advance!

Re: Maximum borrowing

The Max with a few lenders is 5 times, but you will often struggle to reach it.

With an income of 52k, assuming no debts, borrowing 225k should be feasible.

Comment

Are 90% LTV mortgages available again now then?

Comment

yep, with several lenders

Comment

Nationwide do 95% mortgages if you have a current account with them:
          Nationwide Mortgages: Calculator Fixed Rate First Time Buyer Remortgage Deals

Comment

Working...
          X