Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage valuation fee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage valuation fee

Ive just spoken to a company that arranges contrator mortgages. They gave me an agreement in principle with halifax a few months ago and now I am applying for mortgage for real as I have found a proprty.

I spoke to them in the phone, they took a few details for the mortgage and she said they I needed to pay the valuation fee now by credit card before any offer would be made by the lender and that it would be non refundable if my offer was rejected. Does this sound right?

thanks

Re: Mortgage valuation fee

Hi there, this is perfectly normal, the lender cannot provide a mortgage offer without assessing the property for value and condition. The cost of this valuation procedure is paid, in advance, by the borrower. Once the survey has been conducted, and the work that you have paid them for has been done, then the fee would be non-refundable no matter what the outcome.

www.thomasdobner.co.uk

Comment

Re: Mortgage valuation fee

Some lenders will give a free valuation which can be especially beneficial if you are uncertain of the property value and suitability.
      Your mortgage adviser should be weighing up all the pros and cons of each mortgage available and advising you appropriately, and you should have been made aware of any potential costs before putting in an offer.

Comment

Working...
      X