Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can you get a mortgage if your unemployed and on benefit DLA indeffinitley high rate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you get a mortgage if your unemployed and on benefit DLA indeffinitley high rate

hi
    just wondered if its possible to get a mortgage if your a disabled person and on incapacity benefit, severe disabled allowance, dla hige rate mobility and care.
    is there any were i could be accepted for a mortgage first time buyer my income is over £1,000 a month would this be ok.

Re: can you get a mortgage if your unemployed and on benefit DLA indeffinitley high r

It may be possible, but personally (and as a non-professional) I would not expect high street lenders to lend against benefits - not least because reliance on benefits means a likelihood of a poor credit record (ie, little debt history to match against).

Comment

Re: can you get a mortgage if your unemployed and on benefit DLA indeffinitley high r

It may still be possible. I definitely know of an individual in a similar situation who has recently obtained a mortgage. It may be best to start with your bank who are familiar with your income and account usage. Have a chat to them and see what they say. Once you have an answer from them, assuming they say yes, you can look at the deal they have offered you and then see if it is worth looking elsewhere.

Who do you bank with? As depending on who this is I may have further useful info.

Comment

Do you have a deposit at all? I think it would be a good idea to sit down with a professional and talk through your options as there are implications.

Comment

Working...
        X