Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re mortgage for self employed and unable to proove total income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re mortgage for self employed and unable to proove total income

Hi, I wonder if there is a solution to my problem which I'll try to explain: I would like to borrow £120k and have a mortgage on my home of £43k; the balance I would like to use to buy a BTL property,I have savings of about£135k to use as a deposit.However, I'm unable to prove my total income as I have started a second business in the last 10 months and this has increased my income by about £8k from £15k to £23k; plus we get about £8k in child tax credits.Would I be able to get a mortgage at a reasonable rate.My tax return shows the lower figure;Any advise would be very welcome.

Re: Re mortgage for self employed and unable to proove total income

As many buy to let mortgages look at rental income, as opposed to salary income although some do look at that too, it certainly would be possible for a BTL

Comment

Without 2 years accounts you are going to struggle to get a residential mortgage in the current climate. However you will definitely have options if you go down the btl route. The rate may be more expensive, but simply having a job, regardless of income, can be enough to get a btl mortgage. Regardless of your employment situation, it is always worth approaching your current lender to see if you can get a further advance from them, this will probably be at a better rate than what will be available from a btl mortgage. However I suggest you seek professional advice before making any decisions. Feel free to PM me with more specific details and I will see if I can help.

Comment

I would definitely seek professional advice BTL may be the way to go.

Comment

Definitely look at BTL mortgages seeing as you can't prove income. [email protected] is right, most BTLs are decided purely based on whether the rental income will cover 125% of the mortgage payments. Alternatively, if you are already a home owner then check out let to buy mortgages (yes I said that right).

Tim

Comment

Working...
          X