Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about mortage with unsecured loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about mortage with unsecured loan

In 2004 I bought a property. I needed the full 100% at the time due to not having a deposit. The mortgage offered to me was part secured mortgage and part unsecured loan. The question I want to ask is, if I was to sell my property and just pay off the secured mortgage, would I be able to just take the unsecure loan with me?
    Has anyone heard of or been in the posistion?

Many thanks

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

I'd look into your paperwork from the original deal. If the loan is unsecured then I would think you are free to sell the property and just have the loan on its own, but I would definitely check first. The best option is to contact your current lender and ask them.

If you do contact them, come back on the forum and let us know what they said.

Sorry that I don't have any real answers, but contacting your current lender is definitely the safest route.
    Independent Mortgage Advisor, expert in residential, buy to let, holiday let, and refinance mortgages

Comment

Working...
    X