Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advise House Move

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise House Move

Hi there,
    My name is Kash and sorry to just come here and start posting however I want to understand in detail the house moves etc.
    I currently have a mortgage with Halifax and have 20 Years remaining on it. My fixed rate just ended so at the moment I am on standard variable rate. My current loan is 27K.
    We are looking at moving to a bigger house and I want to understand my options on doing so.

++ Do I need to tell Halifax the property I am interested in and can they help
    ++ Do I need to put the current property on the market myself and once sold fund the new property
    ++ Do I get a new mortgage by putting a deposit and then once the current house sells, pour money into the new property
    ++ Do banks offering porting just take the product or can they do buying / selling on your behalf.

Many thanks in advance.

Yes, you need to inform to Halifax before you move your house. it's better that you inform them earlier if not they may consider you that you are not going to pay your interest.
    Debt Management Plan

Comment

Working...
    X