Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Property Under Key Worker Scheme - Not a Key Worker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Under Key Worker Scheme - Not a Key Worker

Hi guys,

Quick question as I'm not 100% sure on this one. I've found a property that I'd be willing to view, however in the description it says that it's a part of the 'Key Workers Scheme'. What would this mean for someone like myself interested in the property but doesn't work in any of those sectors?

Does the price stay the same? Is it literally just eligible for Key Workers to get a Key Worker's mortgage for the property?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi there,

As currently there's no national key worker scheme, only local ones, the terms and conditions vary by council/housing association. However, when something is advertised for key workers, it is normally only available for key workers. It's like properties advertised for the over 55s or for shared ownership - you can't buy these properties unless you're over 55 or you use the shared ownership scheme.

As we deal with a lot of key workers, I'd be interested in where you found the subject property, as clients are always asking if we know of any schemes they could look at.

Thank you,
    Lilla
    We are whole of market independent mortgage broker. We advise on mortgages UK wide including London, South East and as far afield as Scotland and Wales.
    I am a Mortgage Advisor
    For further information and for tailored advice:
    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X