Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage broker did not ask to see proof of income/statements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage broker did not ask to see proof of income/statements

Spoke to the mortgage broker, who filled in our details and we got agreement in principal. Yesterday we made an offer which was accepted and phoned the broker. We asked whether we should come in and bring pay slips, statements etc. Apparently he does not need to see it and the info we provided is enough. He can send of our application, we don't need to sign anything, apparently because we have good deposit and income.
    We are both employed full time, I thought that you don't need to show anything only in case you want self cert mortgage

That does sound odd - it does sound more like a self-cert mortgage, which usually comes with higher fees and interest rates.

Have you tried contacting Nationwide about their current 3 year tracker mortgage? Looks to me so far like the best on the market, low set up at £599, low interest rate - but I would fully expect Nationwide to want to see proof of income.

Comment

If you have a good credit score and LTV below 75% you can fast track i,e no proof of income requested.
      http://www.jpfinancial.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Mortgage Broker View Post
        If you have a good credit score and LTV below 75% you can fast track i,e no proof of income requested.
        Thats right. Also some lenders don't check all cases but pick random ones and want to see all your details on these cases.

Comment

Working...
        X