Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracker mortgages offer good value for money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracker mortgages offer good value for money

Moneysupermarket.com, the finance price comparison website, has found that tracker mortgages, which track the Bank of England’s base rate, are making a comeback and look good value for money. Research from moneysupermarket found that the gap in cost between a two-year tracker mortgage and a two-year fixed-rate mortgage has widened in favour of a tracker [...]

More: Tracker mortgages offer good value for money

This annoys me. People could be actually taking advice from comments like this. There is far more to choosing the correct mortgage than the comparative costs of fixed vs tracker. You need to assess the risk of rate movements and your aversion to it.

This really makes me feel that people should use a good advisor. My mortgage advisor is Worldwide Financial Planning. These people are trained to walk you through your options and guide you in the right direction, which is a must in the tricky times we now face. If you do call them pass my name on, hopefully they will remember me.

I would give a link to their website but I'm not yet allowed.

Comment

Trackers have been cheaper than fixes lately so that may be why they have been more of an uptake on Trackers.

With many people saying that interest rates could hit 3.5/4% next year Trackers will become even more popular.

Comment

I agree with you there. But most trackers come with a tie in, it's tricky to predict what the rates will be doing in 3 years time.

Comment

Working...
        X