Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeowners may be entitled to mortgage break

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeowners may be entitled to mortgage break

MoneyExpert.com, the financial website, has revealed that some homeowners may be entitled to a mortgage payment holiday.The idea of taking a mortgage holiday will undoubtedly be good news for many homeowners who are struggling to cope with increased monthly mortgage repayments and rising living costs.Payment holidays allow homeowners to stop their mortgage repayments on a [...]

More: Homeowners may be entitled to mortgage break

If I took a 6 month break, surely the interest etc would be added to the rest of the mortgage term. This means that my 6 month break would be spread over the remaining years of my mortgage, thus costing me a fortune.
    Am I right???
    Your Mortgage Quote

Comment

Originally posted by TheHouseman View Post
      If I took a 6 month break, surely the interest etc would be added to the rest of the mortgage term. This means that my 6 month break would be spread over the remaining years of my mortgage, thus costing me a fortune.
      Am I right???
      You are right. The 6 month break will be added on to the amount outstanding and you will get charged interest on it. Please note not all mortgages allow for payment holidays.

Comment

Working...
      X