Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cash back from developer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash back from developer?

When buying a new house – if I have cash back from the developer under 5% of the purchase price – does the mortgage lender have to be informed? – What price is registered on the land registry? - Does this change if the amount of cash back (for deposit or ‘mortgage paid for 12 months’ ‘10k cash back’) if the total is more than 5% of the purchase price? Is there another way to avoid informing the lender legally – such as a separate contact for the cash back?

Cash back is just a marketing ploy - better to buy at 10% less, then get 10% cash.

In fact, if the developer is offering 10% cashback it sounds like they may have problems selling at current prices. In which case, nothing to stop you from negotiating from a 20% less position.

As for mortgage - this can only be for the actual value of the property.
    That doesn't mean sale price - just worth - so with 10% cash back I would expect the mortgage to be rated at 10% left - unless it is actually valued at the full price. If selling for less, though, I'd be surprised if it were.

Comment

10 % cash back is just a crude sales ploy ! The plain fact is the property isnt worth that 10% extra !!!

Comment

Working...
      X