Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardwood floors: What could leave spots of bare wood?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardwood floors: What could leave spots of bare wood?

We are finding bare spots on our hardwood floor, (i.e. apparently missing the polyurethane sealant). We have found spots in the middle of the floor (away from windows) in a few locations. The wood looks bare. The edges of the spots missing the polyurethane are crisp. I do not believe this is water damage. It doesn't appear to have "bubbled up" characteristic of the water damage that I've seen.

Termites and black ants known as carpenter ants do represent a danger to this flooring type. You should have your home occasionally sprayed to keep a termite infestation from happening. In the event that your home is based on pieces you can have a sheeting put between the square and your floor pillars that will prevent termites from going up the squares and to your floors. One can also call the professionals from Pest Control Naugatuck CT, Fairfield CT, Greenwich CT, Hamden CT, Millford CT, Monroe CT, etc which one can find by looking for it online. If they do not want to take the help of some professionals, they also try some do it yourself methods to get rid of them.

Comment

Working...
    X