Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap two bed outbuilding - Any ideas???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap two bed outbuilding - Any ideas???

Hi

I have just bought a property with a large garden, and I came up with the idea that I could move into a small wooden house, and rent out the main house.

Now I do not want a permanent structure, nor do I really want to go through a planning application.

So in brief, I am looking for a CHEAP way to sleep in the garden, with the creature comforts of heat, water, and electricity, (although I do have electricity running to two garden sheds already).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

how about a chalet? there easyer than building a whole house. I think if i remember also you dont need planning either, might be wrong on that so dont quote me! You can get a smallish one for around 15K, have alook on google.

James
    forum http://www.thepropertyforums.co.uk/forum

Comment

Have you at looked at timber structures, type in google "office sheds" i am sure that you will be able to find what you are looking for! if not email me.

good luck
      Regards

bonettipropertyconsultants.co.uk

Comment

Really, where's the point of living like a tramp just to earn money?? Get your priorities right, man! Live comfortably, and make profit on top of that.

If you think you'll need to live in a shed to afford rental property, I think you've got it topsy turvy.

Comment

lol how funny
          If you've got it, Property Flaunt it! - www.PropertyFlaunt.com

Comment

I would double check to make sure about the planning permission either way. I have heard stories about families getting hit for not asking for permission to put up climbing frames, because neighbours complained that they were too big.
            Learn How To Plaster
            Run By Plasterers For Plasterers

Comment

Originally posted by RiverResidence View Post
              I would double check to make sure about the planning permission either way. I have heard stories about families getting hit for not asking for permission to put up climbing frames, because neighbours complained that they were too big.
              you should also check with the local council to see if it is allowed on health and safety grounds (sorry for the pun) also you will need ablution facilities so it will become an expensive issue - what about the new prospective tenants not wanting to share the grounds with you?
              Webslave - Internet Marketing Research
              for Users, clients and future tracking - predictive web solutions.

Comment

Interesting....

what to do if a neighbor complains that the frames are too small??
                Design Your Dream Log Home

Comment

Wow!

I definately wouldn't be sleeping at the bottom of the garden to earn a few pennies, you'd be just like a house keeper, the tennants would annoy you none stop!

Another point - Do you actually think tennants want 'someone at the bottom of the garden' ? Might be a bit of a put off when your having viewings?

Comment

Haha just reading this idea made me laugh.
                    I don't think i'd EVER buy a property with the owner living at the bottom of my garden and yeah, you should get your priorties sorted man, live good!

Comment

Unless you could seperate the two properties in some way with different entry and exit points, who knows, sounds like a no goer though!

Comment

Get a tent

or a camper van?

Comment

I agree with the previous comments that I would not want to rent a house with my landlord living like a gnome at the bottom of the garden.

However, if you insist then these look pretty cool: Garden Offices | Rooms UK

Not sure they have a solution that you would be keen on living in but they can provide running water
                          Free UK Property Investment Seminar

Comment

perhaps live offsite in a caravan - if this is a temporary solution to some problem. What were you looking to do when you got the house?
                            http://www.wide-oakflooring.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X