Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about adding value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about adding value

Hey all,

How can we add value to our apartment? Any suggestions? These are some of our thoughts:

• Double glazing the windows
    • Do the garden up (maybe some shrubs and plants, gravelling the lawn over, nice decking)
    • Repaint the house
    • Revamp the kitchen with a new kitchen (certainly needed)

What do you think? We want to get this done rather quickly if we could and improve the value. Any suggestions?
    Has anyone bought from http://www.gardencentredirect.co.uk ?

Re: Question about adding value

There are no problem on adding value but make sure that it is worth it on their side. I think your ideas are okay.

Comment

If kitchen revamping is "certainly needed" one then don't waste time keeping it on the list, rather get it done.
      Okay so among the other 3 options, repaint the house sounds like more viewer-attractive thing. I think I'd suggest you to go for repainting.

Let us know how you add value.

Mishka
      Sell House Fast

Comment

Originally posted by gregory15 View Post
        Hey all,

How can we add value to our apartment? Any suggestions? These are some of our thoughts:

• Double glazing the windows
        • Do the garden up (maybe some shrubs and plants, gravelling the lawn over, nice decking)
        • Repaint the house
        • Revamp the kitchen with a new kitchen (certainly needed)

What do you think? We want to get this done rather quickly if we could and improve the value. Any suggestions?
        Actually i wanna to share about my apartment my kitchen room is middle between my living room i trying to move that one side corner what do think about that? Your thoughts adding that's all value is good. First of all you could start it to Repaint the house.
        Quartz Worktops | Granite Worktops

Comment

Hi,

We get asked that question all the time.

Careful not to go over the top as you may not get the money back!

Best advice without seeing the place is, declutter, tidy and paint - This means ALL rooms and outside space.

Just from that you will be shocked yourself how much the property will change.

Take everything you may not need and put in loft. better still if you will get rid of it when you move do it now!

Revarnish the woodwork, lick of paint on walls and ceilings, tidy the garden and you should make it stand out

Sometimes Baths and Kitchens make a difference but carful on how much you spend, just remember if you spend 5k on a new bathroom you need to make AT LEAST that on top of original price to make it worth it so you would want it to make 10k to be worth the hassle. You may be better negotiating price off your next purchase and investing there.

Good luck!
          Jacks and Jones Estate Agents
          http://www.jacksandjones.co.uk

Comment

what about a conservatory? Cavity wall insulation? Definitely decorate - if your play with light paint contrasts you can create an optical illusion making rooms appear more spacious. That's definitely the cheapest solution along with sorting the garden out.
            Consultant at 0800 Repair Gas

Comment

Working...
            X