Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House Renovation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Renovation

Is it possible for my house to be renovated while am staying at the house at the same time? And second am planning to have a pool on my roof top...

please advise....

Re: House Renovation

wow that sounds like a great idea. We recently had the bathroom completely changed and underestimated the disruption it would cause. Thankfully we are close friends with out neighbours!

Comment

A pool on the roof - now that would be something the neighbours would be jealous of! haha

Great idea!

Comment

If you like lots of dust and mess then stay in your house.
        Pool on the roof?
        Can the walls and foundations take the weight of all that water? (I assume you are having a new roof constructed)

Make sure you jump off the diving board the right way round!
        BRAND NEW HOMES
        Information for UK new home buyers
        New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

It sound nice pool on the roof top but I agree with "New Homes Expert" advice.

Comment

While you are renovating your home it is better to stay in another house, because your personal and family life can be interrupted due to the dust and mess. Staying in home during home renovation depends upon what you are renovating.

Comment

Yes it is, as long as it doesn't require to remove the roof of the house, when we got our house renovated we still sleep in it since we only renovated the wallpaper and the floor tiles.

Comment

During renovation, you have to stay out of your home, as there will so much dust that may cause you health problem also. Therefore, it is better to stay out. I have not any idea about this pool on rooftop. I think for this you have to consult professional, as this will guide you better than us.
                Man And Van Sherborne | Johnson's of Shaftesbury

Comment

Wow, very jealous of the rooftop pool! Never seen this before.

Yes, better to live out of the house with a big renovation project. Maybe stay close by with a friend/family to reduce expenses of a hotel/B&B

Comment

It is your personall decision if you want to stay in dust and mess. Moreover you should consult your roof pool idea with an expert. It might be dangerous for you and for the surroundings.

Comment

Of course that would be possible! I had the master's bedroom renovated last year and instead of settling in a hotel before everything got done, my husband and I stayed with my kids' room. That's cool isn't it?

Comment

The idea of yours would be great if you are having small repairs. Having a pool is really a nice decision and you should think of it clearly that where it should be placed and also should deal with the professional about the task well.
                        man and van london
                        man and van hire london

Comment

If you can get away with it and cope, it's worth staying put to save the additional expense. Although if you've got trades people you can trust, why not plan the work for when you will be away anyway, eg. On holiday, staying with family /friends.
                          This avoids the hassle, dust, noise and mess

Comment

Pool on the roof is nice idea.
                            Affordable Office Furniture

Comment

Pool on the roof is very nice idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X