Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY Damp proofing a cellar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Damp proofing a cellar

Has anyone done this? Got any tips/product recommendations?

Looking to DIY, not hire someone.
    Just damp proofing from penetrative damp, no actual flooding issues.
    Want to use the cellar as a dry storage area.

Been told about tanking slurries, but not convinced they would work.
    Think membranes sound like a good idea?

We have a concrete floor already, and looking to put an extractor in the coal shoot hole. Not sure what to do about the brick vents though.

Anyone had much experience with this? Any recommendation of products?

Re: DIY Damp proofing a cellar

Originally posted by Elizabeth13 View Post
    Has anyone done this? Got any tips/product recommendations?

Looking to DIY, not hire someone.
    Just damp proofing from penetrative damp, no actual flooding issues.
    Want to use the cellar as a dry storage area.

Been told about tanking slurries, but not convinced they would work.
    Think membranes sound like a good idea?

We have a concrete floor already, and looking to put an extractor in the coal shoot hole. Not sure what to do about the brick vents though.

Anyone had much experience with this? Any recommendation of products?

I really don't have enough idea what damp proofing. Will you or anyone here could explain what damp proofing means? And cellars as well? I just wanted to clarify these things up. For me, you should have consulted some experts on these stuffs.

Comment

Re: DIY Damp proofing a cellar

.. You don't know what a cellar or damp proofing means?
      A cellar is a basement. An area/room underneath the house, usually underground.

Damp proofing is a way to remove damp.

I know that there are a few ways to go about doing it, either with tanking and sumps, membranes and such, but i don't know what way is best for what i want nor what products are best. In other words, looking for recommendations on which way to go about and what products people recommend.

The only 'experts' I have found want to give me a quote, which I don't want.

Comment

Working...
      X