Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Under stair storage ideas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under stair storage ideas?

We are buying a house with a fairly large under-stair storage area, it is currently carpeted along with the rest of the hall way, but hasn't had anything else done to it. We would like to use it to store coats and shoes - does anyone have any ideas on the best and cheapest way to do this effectively? Ideally I'd rather not install doors, but on the other hand I wouldn't want it to look like a complete mess!
    It's quite a decent sized area - 84cm deep, 213cm wide, and a minimum height of 32cm, max of 211cm.
    Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Re: Under stair storage ideas?

Originally posted by emmad82 View Post
    We are buying a house with a fairly large under-stair storage area, it is currently carpeted along with the rest of the hall way, but hasn't had anything else done to it. We would like to use it to store coats and shoes - does anyone have any ideas on the best and cheapest way to do this effectively? Ideally I'd rather not install doors, but on the other hand I wouldn't want it to look like a complete mess!
    It's quite a decent sized area - 84cm deep, 213cm wide, and a minimum height of 32cm, max of 211cm.
    Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Honestly, I'm not good in this kind of stuffs, but it would be good if you will install a door so that it will look normal and fine. But if you find it too risky, you can have some curtains that is just right for your under stair storage. It will also be good and cheap. Hope that helps.

Comment

A lot also depends on what you plan to store over there. If it is something important then you may also have to consider security issues.

Comment

Why not look around for some good examples of creative solutions on the web to give you some ideas.

A quick search on the web found these:

30 Under Stair Shelves and Storage Space Ideas

Comment

Fit a door and rack or shelve it out.
          You can then use it as a relatively cool grocery store.
          We have lots of cans, cat food and cleaning stiff in ours as well as a hat and coat rail.
          BRAND NEW HOMES
          Information for UK new home buyers
          New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

This under stair storage is fantastic idea. Like a lot of stuff you can put here in this storage space and thus it helps in utilizing space. But I would suggest you to install a door as you have asked. It looks better and I don't think It create or look like a mess.

Comment

Furniture Removal Perth

It is very good to make that area use. under stairs to much space is there, we can use it in any way , like we can make store there and put things which comes less in use. shoe rack is also good option.

Comment

The idea was quite very good you can keep lots of things under the stairs, it's totally a useless place so having this in work is really good.

Comment

This under stair storage ideas is fantastic. As most of the stuff you can put here and thus it will also help you in saving your home space. But with this there are also other ideas for creating storage spaces like you can install some shelves or cabinets.

Comment

Well there are many thing which you can apply under the stair because there is enough space to store. I think you should see these designs for getting better idea. please also your views about these designs.

Last edited by James1990; 25-09-2013, 08:11 AM.

Comment

use wall stand for coats etc & few racks for shoes & other stuff.
                      choose some stylish/smart hooks for coats & use single cell of rack for each pair shoes like racks at sports clubs (bowling etc)

Comment

Under stair, storage is the best option to save space. Of course, you have to install a door and I don't think that it will create any mess. In fact, it will look good against your stair storage space.
                        Man And Van Sherborne | Johnson's of Shaftesbury

Comment

Shoe rack designs are all about getting those items more organized in a manner that suits the style and space of your home.
                          For more information visit: http://tiny.cc/Shoe-Organizer--

Comment

Quite a space there you got. Could make it look like drawers, moving in and out. Some nice design and you are ready. The pictures above are showing some great ideas. Search some more.

Comment

Just wanted to say how cool those ideas look. Shelving or pull out drawers look stunning but if you need to do things on the cheap, you could just put a cloakroom rack to hang coats on.
                              Andy
                              Conservatory furniture designer at HomeLife

Comment

Working...
                              X