Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your opinion would be appreciated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion would be appreciated

Hi All
    Each time I move house I tend to update certain products, hence perhaps you could assist with your view on the following;
    I would appreciate a minute of your time to give me your views on a kitchen product, I am a designer who is developing a new washing up bowl. Although my patent has entirely new elements, I feel I need to better understand what most attracts you to existing products in the first place, in order to provide the best service possible.
    As such I it would be helpful if you could give me an order of priority on the following;
    1 - Shape
    2 - Size
    3 - Colour (if so which?)
    4 - Price
    5 - Function (e.g, some have rubber bases to protect glasses etc)
    Thank you very much for your assistance. It would be very helpful for me to also know any of the following information if you are happy to give it; gender, age and area of the UK (or other)
    Thanks again,
    Matt

Re: Your opinion would be appreciated

interesting an inventor, im curious now,
    i would say for me it would first be size as i have a large sink and would need a good sized bowl, 2nd function for example has it got decent grips either side (i dropped a washing up bowl once as it has a tiny rim with not much to grasp esp when hands are wet and my hands are quite large) 3rd for me is shape (hate circular washing up bowls)
    4th would be price,
    5th colour dont really care.

Comment

Hi,

Yes definitely size first for me as I live in a small apartment, then I would say price.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by MattE View Post
        Hi All
        Each time I move house I tend to update certain products, hence perhaps you could assist with your view on the following;
        I would appreciate a minute of your time to give me your views on a kitchen product, I am a designer who is developing a new washing up bowl. Although my patent has entirely new elements, I feel I need to better understand what most attracts you to existing products in the first place, in order to provide the best service possible.
        As such I it would be helpful if you could give me an order of priority on the following;
        1 - Shape
        2 - Size
        3 - Colour (if so which?)
        4 - Price
        5 - Function (e.g, some have rubber bases to protect glasses etc)
        Thank you very much for your assistance. It would be very helpful for me to also know any of the following information if you are happy to give it; gender, age and area of the UK (or other)
        Thanks again,
        Matt
        For me, I will prioritize the size, for it will be the bases of your washing up bowls. Then, 2nd would be the shape and 3rd would be the function and 4th would be the color and sum it all up to name the price. Hope that helps!

Comment

Size and shape should be your priority. A little compromise in price won't hurt in the long run.

Comment

My advice would be to keep it simple, focus on use, size and price.

Colours, patterns, shapes etc dont mean nothing unless you can create a product that ticks all those first boxes.

Cheers

Carl

Comment

New invention of a wshinhg up bowl.
              That will get the Dragons going!

In order:
              1 - Size - Must fit the sink!
              2 - Price - must not be silly money!

3 - Shape - to make most use of sink!
              4 - Colour to match kitchen. Not garish like bright red green yellow. Silver is good.
              5 - Function (e.g, some have rubber bases to protect glasses etc) Not a concern.

Next job for you is to re invent the wheel I suppose?
              BRAND NEW HOMES
              Information for UK new home buyers
              New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

My first priority is size and shape and the second is a colour that suite for my kitchen.

Comment

Size is the most important but i think the handle situation is also very important and understated in current designs. This could give you an edge for your new product.
                  Andy
                  Conservatory furniture designer at HomeLife

Comment

Hi Matt,

In order of importance my choice will be:

1. Size
                    2. Price
                    3. Function
                    4. Shape
                    5. Colour (blue)

Hope that helps and may be you can update us about your final choice 
                    Neli P.
                    E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

1 - Shape - round (easier to handle and store)
                      2 - Size - 45cm in diameter
                      3 - Colour - I would prefer white colors, so that I could quickly notice sings of wearing off or dirty spots.
                      4 - Price - £5
                      5 - Function - rubber bases are mandatory

Comment

Working...
                      X