Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to dismantle/remove a conservatory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to dismantle/remove a conservatory

Hi all
    Wondered if anyone knows how to dismantle a upvc conservatory? We have quite a big one at the back of our house (probably just under 12m squared) but we want to do a two storey extension. We thought we might dismantle the conservatory and sell it on ebay or something (every little bit of money helps!) but I'm not sure how we go about removing it without ruining it? I suppose we could say that the buyer has to dismantle, but might make more sense for us to do it ourselves so that the buyers don't ruin where it joins the house or anything like that? I've done an internet search but can't find much detail on how to do it. The builders could do it, but that would probably cost more than we'd get for the actual conservatory!
    The roof is plastic, the windows are on a dwarf wall for 2 or the walls, there are double doors to one side and the rest is attached to the outside of the house. If that makes sense!
    Any advice greatly appreciated
    thanks in advance

Re: How to dismantle/remove a conservatory

I think since your planning for a construction on your house, you can ask the construction company to remove it for you. But if you really want to remove it by your self. Here is a good video that can teach you how to dismantle your upvc.

How to remove a UPVC Window - YouTube

Comment

Personally I wouldnt attempt to remove the conservatory yourself (god forbid anything happens to you or anyone else, your insurance company wont help for starters). I would get some quotes from local construction/removals companies to see if you can get the job done for a cheap enough price.

Comment

The uPVC covers a metal framework and is bolted together. Normally they are quite simple to erect and dismantle. Generally the house side of the frame is screwed to the wall. The trick is to remove the strips that cover the bolts/screws without damaging them. After that it should be fairly easy. A 10ft by 6 ft conservatory. for example, should be easy enought to take down in around 1 1/2 to 2 hours. The hardest part was using a stanley blade to cut through the silicone sealing during the dismatling process, and to clean the old sealing off before I reassembled the structure. Took me longer to clean it than to take it down.

Comment

I agree with Andrew that they are easy to dismantle. First of all you have to remove strips that coat the screws. Once done, then unscrew them and now your conservatory is now dismantled.

Comment

Working...
          X