Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New kitchen, cant decide????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New kitchen, cant decide????

We are about to fit a new kitchen but are undecided on what to go for and seem to be received contradicting information. So any help with the following questions would be appreciated.

1. Ae Wren kitchens any good?
    2. We found a solid oak at Wren but have been told that an oak veneer is better as it wont damage so easily. Is this true?
    3. How do I find an installer for Maia worktops?
    4. Are bosch appliances any good?

thanks in advance,

Alan

Re: New kitchen, cant decide????

I have not idea about Wren, but bosch appliances are normally considered to be good.

Comment

Kutchenhaus kitchens are really good. Their design service is free and they do 3D images and a walkthrough of what it will look like.

Veneers are much harder to damage and more chemical resistant.

Personally I'd go with Kutchenhaus over Wren. The German quality is better! There's lots of helpful videos about the quality of the kitchens on their website.
      Last edited by Beyond; 03-05-2012, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Real woods are not as stain resistant as synthetic laminated surfaces, OK as long as you clean spills straight away, however, a red wine stain left overnight after a house party could be a disaster. I speak from experience!

Comment

I think if you like oak wood, you should go with engineered oak wood as these are much water resistant. With regards to Bosch appliances, I think they are durable. We have one in our home and it is been a long time and still works well.

Comment

Bosch appliances, can't go far wrong.

Comment

I haven't experienced Wren so cant comment on them but I suggest you try direct online kitchens, I recently purchased my kitchen from there and i'm more than happy with the service, quality and price!
              Used to rent an apartment that had Bosch appliances and never had a problem with them!
              Good Luck :-)

Comment

Bosch are pretty reliable, dont know about Wren. Laminate wont look as good but will not deteriorate as quickly.

Comment

Oak wood is good and can be considered when planning your new kitchen, bosch appliances have been heard of everywhere and praised as well.

Comment

Don't know about others but Bosch appliances are good. I am saying this because of my own personal experience.

Comment

According to one of the my friends who had experienced, The appliances from Bosch are nice for the customer. Recently, I had purchased some of the appliances from Online kitchen store, which are available in many number of models also for affordable prices.

Comment

I agree with malvinpalms comments, bosch appliances are the best in my view. They are better built, last a long time and usually have styles and colours to match most kitchen types.

Comment

Don't know properly about wren but I suggest you go for online kitchen. As the services are good and convenient.

Comment

I have seen Wren kitchens in one of my friends home. I think its pleased to look. I was so impressed by the quality and price of the kitchen.

Comment

I don't have any idea about others but I also used Bosch appliances so I will suggest you to use them.

Comment

Working...
                              X